Music, Lighting, and Memories!
Have you ever heard a song that brought you back to an incredible moment in your life? I love creating the environment for special memories that will last a lifetime. Let’s design the lighting and soundtrack to make your day elegant, fun, and memorable!
I love weddings! There’s something about helping you make amazing memories that motivates me. When I first started DJing, I was working for a multi-system company. I had amazing mentors while gaining valuable experience in all types of events including Weddings, Awards Sessions, Corporate functions, and Proms. Now with my own company, my passion for weddings is heightened. I specialize in weddings where I combine the music, the lighting, and most of all my expertise to create the experience you envisioned!
I started my DJ career back in 1999 with a small DJ company based in Westport, MA. Over the next 13 years, I spent time not only as a mobile DJ performing at weddings, but also as a nightclub DJ in Providence, RI. With excellent client reviews and years of event experience under my belt, I decided it was time to invest in building my own company. Joseph Anthony Weddings & Events was born with the goal of exceeding client’s expectations while making memories that will last a lifetime.
From uplighting to animated monograms, adding elements of light to your event will enhance the feeling of your event…
Let’s customize a lighting solution for your venue.
- Uplighting or Architectural Lighting
- Static or Motion Monograms
- Intelligent Lighting
Uplighting or Architectural Lighting
When we use uplighting in a venue, there are a number of options. One option is to only accent the natural architectural features of the room. Maybe you only want to accent one or two walls of a particular space. Then there’s the full painting of light throughout a room. Or maybe we use all three techniques throughout your venue? Once cocktails and dinner are done, we can even use the uplighting to kickstart the dance floor by syncing the uplighting to the beat of the music!
Static or Motion Monogram
A customized monogram adds that extra flair to your event. For corporate events, a monogram can add your company’s logo or branding. Static monograms do not have elements within the design that move, while motion monograms can include design elements that build to form the monogram or even spin the monogram. We can work with you to create the right look for your monogram or you can supply a file that we can convert into one.
Adding intelligent lighting creates an extra level of party atmosphere while opening the door to creating special moments such as spotlighted introductions and first dances. Combining custom or standard gobos, we can make patterns, words, or symbols join you on the dance floor at the right speed for the music.
From photo strips to social sharing, adding a photo booth to your event creates a buzz while capturing memories…
Photo booths capture great moments for you to look back on. They are a place where your guests are more inclined to take fun and goofy pictures, especially when you include props.When I look at images from the events I’ve provided a photo booth for, I see that cute picture of the newly engaged couple you invited. I see the group picture where everyone is making a silly face as they point at each other and I see that generational picture where mom and grandma are wearing sunglasses and holding mustaches on their faces. Its these kinds of moments that usually aren’t captured by a photographer but totally deserve to be snapped.Photo booths break the ice. They encourage fun. They remind us what being a kid was like. They are also a great way for your guests to take home memories of your wedding. I have every photo-strip from every wedding I attended (as a guest) that offered a photo booth. When I look at those, it brings me back to that day and brings a smile to my face.
I can’t tell you how many people have told me what a great DJ we had at our wedding! From our first meeting, I knew you were the perfect one to make our wedding reception a party…and you delivered. Your setup was exactly what we had discussed, and the lights you used were just enough ambiance for the space and crowd. Claudio and I enjoyed the way you grouped our non-traditional dinner music choices, and your transition from Greek to “American” music was somehow seamless. You even managed to orchestrate the reception in a way that was unobtrusive but still effective. Start-to-finish, we could not have been happier. I hope we get the chance to work with you again in the future.Eleni & Claudio
- Joe is amazing! Incredibly personable from the first meeting beyond the wedding. The photo booth was an awesome investment and Joe’s music selections kept the dance floor full all night!Shannon & Michael
- Out of all the different 8+ vendors I had to coordinate with, Joe was hands down my favorite among a list of very professional and vendors who all did a great job. I am a details guy and Joe picked up on that immediately from our first phone call and always was able to accommodate and inform my very fine-tuned requests. Some of these included: crafting the right high energy one-two punch to get people on the dance floor immediately to set the tone for a dance heavy evening, making sure the uplighting would go on at the right part of the evening and in the right places of our tent, setting up a projector to play a slideshow I made for father-daughter dance (Joe even tested and timed setup and takedown in his back yard – that’s above and beyond!), putting together the PERFECT playlist with all the right transitions throughout the evening and tailored exactly to our preferences. Joe does everything you want a DJ/MC to do, but the real selling point is that he takes the time and energy to get to know you, and that understanding and empathy of you as a person informs his ability to be able to tailor your evening beyond anything that you can imagine.Kelly & John
- Joseph Anthony Weddings & Events handled our DJ services, lighting, and photo booth. Joe is so amazing to work with and is a jack of all trades. He really got our vibe and put everything together so beautifully, and he had everyone on their feet all night!Sunny & Emile
- Joe is awesome! He did an amazing job with keeping the party going at our wedding (especially since my husbands family does not dance). Played exactly what we asked him to and was so accommodating when I couldn’t make up my mind. He was also great with mixing my husband and I’s style. I wanted the party and my husband wanted to keep it low key and somehow Joe made it work together. You will not regret going with Joe for your next event!Kayla & Timothy
- Joe is AMAZING! Not only did he make the experience stress free and fun but was extremely organized and incredibly accommodating. I really can’t say enough about how happy we were with him for our big day!Devan & Mario
- It was an absolute pleasure to have Joe as the DJ for our wedding! Not only did he provide awesome tunes, but between the lighting and monogram, our venue looked amazing, and truly surpassed my expectations. Joe was easy to work with, and he makes the planning process as painless as possible. He also brought in the photo booth, and our guests absolutely loved it! There was a line all night! I can say that I will definitely be recommending Joseph Anthony Wedding and Events to anyone in need of a quality DJ Taylor & Greg
- My husband and I are so happy we had Joe at our wedding! We hired him as the DJ and for uplighting. He was great to work with and has an awesome personality. He used the playlist we made ahead of time and also had great suggestions to help us out when we couldn’t decide on a song choice. He did an amazing job with the uplighting and monogram of our names on the dance floor. We couldn’t thank him enough for his hard work in making our day perfect.Jen & Roddy
- Ladies!! Joseph was fantastic. My up lighting was out of this world and the monogram was sooooo creative!! It was the talk of the night. He coordinated the lighting with the band so flawlessly! It was a magical night. I highly recommend!!!Ginger & PJ
- My husband and I were absolutely thrilled to have Joe as our MC, DJ, Lighting Designer and Photo Booth Coordinator for our wedding. From the very beginning Joe was exceptionally genuine, down to earth and a pleasure to work with. He was very accommodating and took great care to the details that would make for the MOST special ceremony & reception! Joe was always available for questions and despite not having met in person until the day of our wedding (we made phone calls and skyped) by the day of our wedding it truly felt like he was an extension of our family and friends.Jen & Alfonso
- Joe really worked his magic at the JLRI Winter Sparkle event with his fabulous up lighting displays and background music to create a very festive party atmosphere. His system is fully automated so he can adjust the lighting on the fly and is accommodating to all requests. Joe truly brought our Sparkle theme to life. Thank you!!!Nancy
- I really can’t say enough good things about working with Joseph Anthony Weddings and Events. From the start, Joe was extremely responsive, organized, and patient with our “lack of direction” He offered many suggestions to help complete our day, and they truly impacted the overall experience of our event. From the music arrangements for our ceremony, to the gorgeous uplighting and signature monogram, our wedding was complete in every way! Joe is very detail oriented, and works with you to understand your desired event timeline. On the night of our wedding, he was professional, attentive, and single handedly kept the evening flowing smoothly and without a glitch. When it comes to entertainment, there is one thing I can say- Our guests never left the dance floor! The speakers and equipment were crisp and clear, and the sound quality was excellent. We truly enjoyed working with Joseph Anthony Weddings and Events, and would highly recommend his services for your next event!Katy & Paul
- Joe did an absolutely PHENOMENAL job at our wedding (you can see some of the pictures on his page here!), and even attended the planning meetings at the venue with me/us. He also made himself available via video chat because I am not local to where the wedding was and couldn’t do weekday meetings (and with an infant, weekend meetings weren’t the easiest, either). The music and lighting was the one thing I did NOT stress about for my wedding, because I knew I was in great hands — and this is coming from a major control freak. He was amazing the day of the wedding, adjusting timelines as needed and liaising with the venue staff to keep everything running smoothly. My wedding wouldn’t have been half of what it was without him! Oh, and his online system/database for entering in details about the event and music likes, dislikes, must-plays and don’t-plays was so helpful and easy to use. I really can’t say enough good things about my experience working with Joe and can’t recommend him highly enough!Theresa & Daniel
- I think my husband and I were one of Joe’s first same-sex marriages. I have to say that he was AWESOME! He was there every step of the way to help suggest what music would be good to even suggesting lighting that truly helped to make the evening memorable. Joe is a professional and all he wants is to help you make the most of your evening. I would hire him again. Thank you Joe!! ~ Josh & Raúl
We would HIGHLY recommend Joe as your DJ for any event! We absolutely loved working with him for our wedding. We were constantly impressed by Joe’s professionalism and just incredibly warm nature. He really makes you feel like you’re in the hands of a close friend and not just some vendor. He was really amazing to work with and really cared about what we wanted out of our event. We had absolute confidence that he would provide the kind of event that we were looking for and he did not disappoint! So many of our guests approached us to comment on how great the music was and two of them even booked Joe as the DJ for their own weddings!~Maria & Matt